Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is now officially classified as a pandemic and is affecting lives and work around the globe. We want you to know what we are doing as a company to protect you and your families and mitigate the spread of this illness. This Subject will explain these measures and how you can assist us in our efforts to promote a safe and healthy environment both at work and at home.
NOTE: This Subject may be updated as new information is made available from local health and governmental bodies. You will be notified when updates are made.
This policy applies to all employees regardless of where or in what capacity they work.
You can learn more about the prevention of COVID-19 at the following addresses:
Per the World Health Organization (WHO), Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
Watch this video from the World Health Organization on what people can do to project themselves from contracting or spreading the virus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPITHEiFWLc&feature=emb_title
The following required actions should be observed by all employees in order to protect themselves and others from Coronavirus:
- General Hygiene
- Employees should practice good hygiene by:
- We will routinely clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces including:
- Work stations
- Door knobs/handles
- We will provide tissues and disinfecting, disposable wipes.
- Employees who are sick especially with cold or flu symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or fever should remain home and seek medical attention immediately.
- Employees with sick family members should stay home.
- If an employee becomes sick at work, they will be separated from other employees and sent home.
- Work From Home
- If an outbreak becomes severe enough, a mandatory "Work from Home" policy may be put into effect and will continue until conditions improve well within healthy limits per local health and/or governmental bodies.
- If an employee needs to care for a family member who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they will be required to work for at least [#] days after the family member has fully recovered and it has been determined by a medical professional that the employee has not been infected.
- If an outbreak becomes severe enough, employee travel may be partially or fully restricted until conditions improve.
- We will leverage the use of virtual meeting technologies to continue work that would normally be conducted onsite.
- If an employee has recently returned from any area with a high number of COVID-19 diagnoses, they will be required to work from home for at least [#] calendar days and may return to the office if no symptoms have presented themselves.
Click here for more prevention measures from the World Health Organization.
If an employee has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they may not return to the office until after full recovery has been confirmed by a medical professional. No exceptions!!!
We recognize that a diagnosis does not mean an employee is unable to work. Therefore, until full recovery is confirmed, if the employee is able to work, they may do so from home, per approval of their immediate manager.
If you feel unclear about any of these targets, please go back and review.
If you need further assistance, please contact our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.